Thursday 17 October 2013

Today is the day- after several requests to start blogging and share my recipes and ideas and after my initial reluctance to do so, I have finally decided to take the plunge (with some help from my brother who is far more clued up about computers than I am)!! I am going to share with you how to pipe a rose-swirl (something I am so often asked about).

For this you will need:
a piping bag filled with your favourite buttercream icing
a large closed star nozzle

Step one:
For a rose swirl you will start piping in the centre of the cupcake and work your way outward.






Start by holding the piping bag vertically above the cupcake and squeeze the icing out firmly and confidently (when you hesitate the icing will break). Press as though you are making a star.

Step two:



Next continue to pipe around this central part of the rose, swirling your hand and the icing bag around and around until you have covered the surface of the cupcake.




Step three:


Stop at the outside edge of the cupcake.

and there you have it, a roseswirl cupcake